I am a lecturer in Operational Research at Cardiff University with research interests in Game theory and Queueing theory applied to healthcare systems.
Here are courses I am currently teaching:
Here are courses I will be teaching shortly:
- Advanced Statistical Packages, starting: 2014-03-13-09:00
A full list of all my courses can be found here
Here is a list of my latest papers (click on the title to see the abstract and any other material):
- Selfish routing in public services in European Journal of Operational Research
- Comparisons between observable and unobservable M/M/1 queues with respect to optimal customer behavior in European Journal of Operational Research
- Using Singular Spectrum Analysis to obtain staffing level requirements in emergency units in Journal of the Operational Research Society
- Modelling emergency medical services with phase-type distributions in Health Systems (Open access)
- How efficient can an emergency unit be? A perfect world model. in Emergency Medecine Journal
A full list of all my papers can be found here
Here are some projects I am currently working on:
Here is my latest blog post at Un peu de math:
Playing a game with incomplete information in class: A blog post about a round robin tournament between 3 players and a random version of matching pennies.
Here are my previous 5 posts:
- A (very) brief interactive look at evolutionary game theory in class
- Iterated Prisoner's Dilemma with a twist in Class
- Iterated Prisoner's Dilemma Tournament in Class
- Best responses to mixed strategies in class
- My students write about their first Python conference
Here is my latest video on YouTube:
Here are my previous 5 videos:
- Routing Games
- Cooperative Games and the Shapley value
- Matching Games
- Stochastic Games
- Random events and incomplete information.
(A list of useful links can be found here)
- G+: +Vincent Knight
- YouTube: +Vincent Knight
- Github: drvinceknight
- My blog: Un peu de math
- Twitter: @drvinceknight
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MeetMe: my availability
- March 3, 2014, 11:18 a.m.: March 26th: Participating in the embedded enterprise exchange
- March 1, 2014, 5:03 p.m.: 2014: 3 PhD positions at Cardiff University in Healthcare modelling
- Feb. 20, 2014, 10:27 p.m.: Nominated to attend Voice of The Future
- Feb. 7, 2014, 5:16 p.m.: Djangoweekend gets going!
- Jan. 27, 2014, 9:05 p.m.: Start programming in September, present at an international conference in February.